Three years ago on this day, I was announced as the new Director of Monadnock Bible Conference, now known as Monadnock Christian Ministries (MCM). Little did I know what we would face as a ministry and as a family; how much change there would be; how much we had yet to learn in embracing the unknown; and how much our pursuits would be refined by Christ.
As many of you know, I try to be a very open book about the triumphs and challenges of leading a Christian organization in the heart of New England. The need is great – in New England, in MCM, and in me.
The more I lead and press forward, the more I realize my absolute need for Jesus Christ in my life. I strive for MCM to be the best at what we do which seems to expand as we respond to the needs around us. My heart cries out much like the Apostle Paul, “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.” (Philippians 3:12) I long to be fully surrendered and obedient to Christ. I also long to truly know what it means be taken a hold of by Jesus Christ. As I open my hands and ask Christ to do as He pleases, my flesh needs to die to pride and its accomplishments.
In the end I want only for Christ, and Christ alone, in my life and in the heart of this ministry and my family. And that is why I will continue to pursue a surrendered and authentic faith that screams, “I am not enough, but He is!” And the truth for me and all who read this is that, “He Is Enough.” He is the end of our pursuits.
Five Things I Am Thankful For
- My wife and children. Thank you for your grace and love and your belief in me. I love you more than you can possibly imagine. Thanks for being on this crazy adventure with me.
- Our Staff and Board of MCM. You are amazing and I deeply appreciate your faith in Christ as we pursue Him together.
- Our Pastors, Youth Leaders, Speakers, and Worship Leaders. You inspire me to pursue His greatness as we link arms and push forth the Hope of the Gospel.
- Our Volunteers and Supporters. Thank you. Your generosity with your time, talents, and treasures knows no bounds.
- Our Guests. It is our privilege and honor to inspire and equip you for a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. Continue fighting the good fight of faith.
Thanks for making Monadnock your home away from home. It is my prayer that we will continue to create a safe place where everyone can center on the pursuit of Christ and Christ alone.
“Jesus calls us to his rest, and meekness is His method. The meek man cares not at all who is greater than he, for he has long ago decided that the esteem of the world is not worth the effort.” — A.W. Tozer, Pursuit of God